Tuesday 12 November 2013

How I made My Improved Poster


To make my film poster I started off by taking photos of my fellow students. I chose five of my classmates that I thought would portray my characters the best. When I had the photos of my five characters, I uploaded them to the mac. I opened them all in Photoshop and got the other photos I would need like the age rating and the marvel logo. Once I had them all, I used the tool magnetic lasso to go around the photo of my characters until they were selected, then I clicked the 'select' tab and selected 'inverse'.

This made the background be selected so that I could delete it. After I deleted the background of all the photos, I got my background photo for my poster. This image I got from Google images. I chose it because I wanted it to look like 'the light at the end of the tunnel' which for my poster means the acceptance of my 'outcasts' after there struggle against the villain Mandrix. Once I had my background photo, I moved the photos of my characters onto my background photo.

On My Captain Launcher

I changed the colour of his jumper and hat to blue as it was originally grey, I did this using the paint brush and changing the mode to colour. I also had to lower the opacity.

I then added the lions tail by getting a photo of a lion's tail and using the magnetic lasso tool to go around it just like in the character photos, I then dragged it onto the background photo. I positioned it so that the layer of the lion's tail is between the layers of the cape and the Captain Launcher.

On my Brian Banner/Hulk's Son

Using the same technique I used to change Captain Launcher's jumper and hat colour, I changed the skin colour of this character. Using the paint brush I repeatedly went over the skin of this character until I got the shade of green I was looking for.

On my Spacia

For this character I did the same to the skin as I did to Brian Banner, I changed the skin colour to a greyish black, which was originally going to be pitch black but the greyish black worked better. I then used this paint brush technique to change the colour of the hair, which was originally brown and changed it to purple. I also enhanced the red lips by going over them with the paint brush in red.

On my Thundra

The Lightning coming off of my Thundra character took a while to do. I first got the the paint brush in full opacity (100%) and had the colour in whit and just made random jaggy/wiggly lines coming away from the body. Then I added an 'outer glow' using the fx (effects) button.

On my villain Mandrix

All I did for my Mandrix character was blend him into the shadowed background.
This made him more mysterious and hidden, like some villains are in posters but my aim was to show two things; He is less important than the heroes and so shouldn't be seen as easily, and I placed him in the shadowy area of the poster so it is hard to notice him. This last reason is because my villain is going to be able to control the shadows and thus can easily hide in them.

For the names of the 'stars' involved I used the same technique in my Thundra character by adding an outer glow to make the important writing stand out in front of the dark/black background.

No comments:

Post a Comment